December 9th, 2009 by Innkeeper
Hi Everyone! The Christmas tree went up this week; it’s a beauty. Although I’m not allowed to eat chocolate (it’s hard to be a dog sometimes) I know that the recipe below is a real winner. Hope you enjoy!
Kisses Peanut Butter Blossoms
48 Hershey Kisses Chocolates (or hugs)
½ Cup shortening
¾ cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
2 Tablespoons milk
1 teaspooon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon granulated sugar
1. Heat oven 375. Remove foil from kisses.
2. Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar: beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla: beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt: gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
3. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar: place on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate kiss into center of each cookie: cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack and allow to cool completly.
Yields 4 dozen cookies
October 13th, 2009 by Innkeeper
Hey Everyone! I’m so excited the leaves are changing and Ed is making Pumpkin Muffins again. We thought you might like to make them yourself so here’s the recipe. It’s pretty easy. Enjoy!
½ cup oil
1/3 Cup Water
1 Cup Canned Pumpkin
½ cup raisins
1 ½ cup of flour
1 ½ cup of sugar
½ Teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon Cinnamom
¾ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
4 Tablespoon butter
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup oatmeal
¼ cup flour
1 ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
1. Pre heat oven 350 degrees
2. For muffins, comgine all dry ingredients in a bowl
3. In separate bowl, mix together oil, pumpkin, eggs, water and raisins.
4. Mix together wet and dry ingredients.
5. Spray muffin tins with non stick spray or use liners
6. Fill cups with 2/3 full of batter. Set aside
7. Mix together all the ingredients for the topping and sprinkle on top of each muffin.
8. Bake 30 minutes
Yields 12 Muffins
September 25th, 2009 by Innkeeper
Hi, Tom here. Just thought I would check in to let everyone know how beautiful it is here this time of year. The weather is great for biking, golfing or just hanging out in New Hope and Lambertville. There is a Scarecrow Exihibit at Peddler’s Village going on through Halloween. And speaking of Halloween, the merchants in New Hope are going to dress up and hand out treats to kids and anyone that dresses up – Yum!!! This weekend on Saturday and Sunday, September 26 and 27 the 16th Annual Arts and Craft Festival is being held in New Hope.
Also, don’t forget about the Mid Week Special that is posted on our website. Hope to see you soon!
July 23rd, 2009 by Innkeeper
Hi Everyone! Hope you had a good week. The weekend is almost here and I wanted to let you know some places to go this weekend to hear good music. You might want to check out The Mansion Inn which has live music every Saturday at 9 pm. The Logan Inn has open mic every Thursday and live music every Friday and Saturday. Bowman’s Tavern has live entertainment everyday except Tuesday. You might want to grab a cold beer at Triumph Brewery and hear some great music every Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Last but not least you can always hang at Jon and Peter’s and Havana right in the heart of New Hope to check out some great music. If you want to know what individual artists are playing this weekend you can always ask the great staff at the inn. I hope everyone has a great weekend!
July 13th, 2009 by Innkeeper
Hi! My name is Tom (sometimes Tommy or Thomas if I’m bad). My mommy is Carolyn who owns the inn with Uncle Bob. They have asked me to post a blog to let you know what’s going on around the inn and around the area each week. They also want me to post recipes, so if you have any requests just let me know!
The first thing I want to tell you is we have two new sheep! My mommy named them Karen and Kristin who are her sister and niece. Everybody thinks they look like goats, but believe me they’re sheep!
A little later this week, I’ll let you know if there is anything happening this weekend.